NEWS | UPDATES
To all our Customers & Suppliers
As parts of Victoria has entered Stage 4 Restrictions, we wish to give you an update and wish you all well during these times.
As most of you will be aware, Avweld provides essential and emergency breakdown of machinery/equipment repair services to our customers who are allowed to operate under Stage 4 Restrictions currently in place. Our customers operate in industries such as:
- Power & Utilities (Coal, Hydro, Wind, Water, Sewerage)
- Mining & Mineral Processing (Coal, Iron Ore, Aluminium, Quarries)
- Manufacturing (such as Food, Grain, Pulp & Paper, Glass, Plastics, Steel, Cement)
What does this mean for you?
- Avweld will remain open and at full capacity to ensure all our customers receive continuous attention.
- Production is largely unaffected as we are taking all the necessary health precautions.
- Any delays will be as a result of restrictions placed on delivery in and out of Victoria and we ask for your patience during this time.
- All visitors and contractors are required to complete a COVID health checklist prior to entry to the facilities at 25 Raymond Road, Laverton North. Social distancing, appropriate cleaning & sanitisation are being maintained at all times on site.
- Our hours and contact details remain the same and all information can be found on our website www.avweld.com.au
Thank you for your ongoing support. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you require any clarification to the above.
We look forward to working together to ensure a safe working environment for all.
Farewell to Lloyd Ingram
On the 31st of July, we said farewell to our Melbourne warehouse manager Lloyd Ingram. Lloyd started working with Alloys International in 1986, and has been responsible for shipping out most of your orders since then. Lloyd is retiring after almost 35 years in the business, looking forward to spending more time with his family and playing more golf. All of Alloys International and Avweld Australasia thanks Lloyd for his service.
Avweld would like to take this opportunity once again to give you an update on our operating situation with regards to the COVID-19 epidemic.
As COVID-19 is continuing to disrupt the economy throughout Australia and particularly Victoria, Avweld is taking all precautions necessary to enable continued operations through this challenging time.
We are hiring new staff, improving and expanding our facilities and ensuring all our jobs go out on time. Production is largely unaffected as we are taking all the necessary health precautions.
All visitors and contractors are required to complete a COVID health checklist prior to entry to the facilities. Social distancing, appropriate cleaning & sanitisation are being maintained at all times on site.
Our Sales Engineers and staff are contactable by email or phone as usual, although most are working from home wherever possible. All meetings are being held via phone/video where possible.
Thank you for your ongoing support, and please keep your family and friends safe.
Updates from Avweld
Avweld would like to take this opportunity to give you an update on our operating situation with regards to the COVID-19 epidemic.
Our primary concern is the health and safety of all staff, customers, suppliers and their families. In constantly changing conditions, we continue to strive to meet our customers’ needs and delivery timeframes, in a safe and controlled manner. We are continually monitoring the advice of the State and Federal Governments, and the WHO.
Currently we are operating at full capacity. Factory production is as normal, but with increased social distancing, cleaning and santization. Office staff are working from home wherever possible. All interstate travel has been postponed, unless absolutely required. Sales engineers are available for local on-site consultations, but are aiming to conduct as much business by phone as possible.
Our supply chains are currently uninterrupted, with all key products available as normal. Please be aware that due to the dramatic decrease in the Australian Dollar this year (~15% since January), we will have no choice but to pass along some price rises on future quotes. Please contact your sales representative with any questions.
We will keep you informed as the situation develops. Until then, please keep yourselves and your families and friends healthy and safe.